We’re hiring: Admin Assistant
GH5050 is seeking an administration assistant to start on 1 October (or sooner). Applications should be made here.
Job title: Administration Assistant
Reporting to: Administration Manager
Work location: Global Health 50/50, Wellington House, East Road, Cambridge, CB1 1BH (hybrid working – at least one day per week required in the office)
Duration: This post is available from 1 October 2022 (earlier if possible) for six months in the first instance
Working hours: 40% FTE (Mondays and ideally Thursdays, but can be flexible / open to discussion)
Salary: £23,000-£26,000 (pro rata) depending on experience
Holiday: 28 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays
The Administration Assistant will join a small but growing team of staff working at Global Health 50/50. The appointed individual will be responsible for assisting with the day-to-day and longer-term administration of the charity.
The Administration Assistant is responsible for supporting GH5050 by providing accurate and timely administration.
Charity and Office administration
- Help maintain effective office and administrative procedures
- Diary management
- Travel arrangements including visa applications, taxis, trains, hotels and flights in line with expense policy
- Provide administrative support, including expense claims, to Co-Directors and Deputy Director as required
- Provide administrative support to the Administration Manager as required, including assistance with HR and charity compliance
- Provide administrative support to the Finance Manager as required
- Taking minutes at meetings as required
- Organise logistics for conference calls, face-to-face meetings, in-person conferences, public events, etc.
- Responsible for organising events including the booking of meeting rooms, venues, catering, and speakers all within agreed budgetary constraints
- Create and maintain electronic filing systems
- Prepare communications including agendas, emails, invoices, reports, presentations and other correspondence
- Ad hoc administrative and office duties as required
- Keep all information confidential and comply with data protection and ethics legislation, including being up to date with GDPR requirements
Qualifications and experience
Educated to at least A Level standard or equivalent experience – Essential
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent – Essential
Administrative experience, preferably in the charity or educational sector – Essential
At least two years working experience in a relevant sector – Essential
Previous experience of financial administration – Desirable
Proficient in IT– Word/Excel etc. – Essential
Attention to detail and high level of accuracy – Essential
Excellent administration, organisational and planning skills – Essential
Effective verbal and written communication skills, including grammar and spelling, with good attention to detail – Essential
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues, academics, senior officials and others – Essential
Ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team – Essential
Ability to work to deadlines – Essential
Self-starting skills – Essential
An organised approach to time management – Essential
The ability to handle a busy, varied workload and to cope with interruptions and change – Essential
Willingness to support colleagues, thinking beyond the task being given – Essential
Positive, flexible, and helpful attitude – Essential
Familiarity with google drive – Desirable
Interest in and knowledge of issues relating to gender and global health – Desirable
All Staff are required to:
- Demonstrate commitment to GH5050’s organisational values, including exercising high ethical standards with attention to team work, collaboration and integrity.
- Familiarise themselves with the Charity Policies and Procedures, held on the citrusHR system, accessible by all staff at any time from the website.
- Ensure that they have read and understood all required reading of policies, and signed all relevant policies and declarations
- Uphold the Equal Opportunities and Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policies, ensuring effective implementation in all aspects of their work for the Charity
- Act at all times within the Charity Rules, Policies, Procedures, and any other statutory requirements
- Be proactive, bring ideas, suggestions and contribute to the improvement and development of the charity
- Undertake training as required
- Attend staff and team meetings as required
- Observe health and safety procedures in the workplace to ensure personal safety and to safeguard the interests and safety of colleagues and visitors
- To establish, foster and maintain close working relationships with other functions to allow swift resolution of issues and sharing of knowledge.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as appropriate since all staff are expected to work flexibly within their skill level to respond to changing priorities
Global Health 50/50 actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.