We’re hiring! Senior Research Manager
At Global Health 50/50, our mission is ‘To improve health, well-being, and social justice through the promotion of human rights, particularly in relation to gender equality, by conducting research, disseminating the useful results of such research, and providing information, advice and advocacy.’
- Equity, fairness and justice
- Inclusiveness and diversity
- Transparency and accountability
- Excellence driven by rigorous research, evidence and peer-review
- ‘Glocal’ collaboration and partnerships for lasting impact for those who need it most, everywhere
- Solidarity, capacity strengthening and knowledge sharing
- Independence and courage to speak truth to power
Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion: we strive for diverse representation across our collective. To ensure opportunities for our collective members to give their best and grow professionally, to ensure that they do not face discrimination in their engagement with the collective, to flexible working arrangements, a dignified workplace free of abuse of power and with zero tolerance for harassment.
Our Work :Through our flagship report and Gender and Health Index, GH5050 provides the only birds-eye view of gender, inclusion and equality in the global health system today. The report assesses 200 organisations annually across a core set of variables on policies and practices to tackle power and privilege imbalances within the workplace, the gender and geography of organisational leadership, and whether gender is considered in any organisations’ external-facing programmatic or policy work. In addition to the annual report, GH5050 also produces a range of other evidence-informed outputs, including thematic reports relating to equality and diversity in the workplace (e.g. report on gender pay gap), and policy briefs about strategies for organisational change.
We are proud that our work has provoked and propelled action towards more equitable and inclusive systems for health. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the world’s leading gender and global health accountability and advocacy initiative.
You will join a small and growing team of staff working at GH5050, taking responsibility for our flagship product, the GH5050 Annual Report. As Senior Research Manager you will be instrumental in exercising leadership to develop, strengthen and improve the impact of this body of work and bring new ideas on how to amplify the successes seen to date.
Role: Senior Research Manager
Reporting to: Deputy Director
Work location: Hybrid – split between Global Health 50/50, Cambridge and remote working (with opportunities for flexible working arrangements)
Duration: This post is available from January 2024 for an initial two year fixed-term contract, including a three-month probation period
Working hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £55,000-60,000 per annum
Annual Leave and Benefits
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays. In addition, we provide 3 days leave over the Christmas and New Year period
- Flexible working arrangements – remote working and 1-2 days per month in the office
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) via Health Assured
- Professional Development and Training
How to apply: please apply by CV and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Applicants will be assessed against their ability to demonstrate how they meet the person specification criteria.
If shortlisted, we will additionally ask for a writing sample and ask you to complete a short task. We want to know in your application:
- What excites you about working with GH5050?
- What experience and knowledge would you bring and how do you meet the criteria for the role?
- Evidence of ‘right to work’ in the UK
- Three professional references upon offer of employment
Closing date: The deadline for applications is 17:00 GMT on 10 November 2023. We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the closing date if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
Download the job description here.