OUR CONTACT DETAILS
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU:
Contact Us: The information which you voluntarily provide us through the ‘Contact Us’ page on the Website will be used for the purposes of satisfying your request such as responding to a query or providing an article or publication. This includes:
- Email address
- First name
- Last name
- Organisational affiliation
We will only use your email address to respond to such a query.
Media requests and other general enquiries: Requests should be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. The information which you voluntarily provide us through sending an email to this address will only be used for the purposes of satisfying your request. We will only use your email address to respond to such a query.
Personal data relating to our contacts will be retained for so long as is necessary and relevant, or until you indicate otherwise to us.
Job / volunteer enquiries: If you submit a job application or enquire about a potential position with us, or with a view to becoming a volunteer / intern with us, we will ask you to provide relevant personal information about you. These will be stored while your application is assessed, and may be stored for a longer period in order to retain your records for future opportunities.
We use this data to:
- Provide goods, services, deliveries, quotations, and information, for example, newsletters;
- Communicate with you about studies, surveys, news, updates and events that may be of interest;
- Respond to queries submitted to us via our ‘contact us’ form
- Respond to emails sent to us
- Consider applicants for potential current and future vacancies
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will use your personal data in the following instances:
(a) where we have obtained your consent;
(b) where we need to perform a contract with you;
(c) where we need to comply with a legal obligation; and
(d) where the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and our interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and/or freedoms.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
CONTROL OF COOKIES
Managing cookies in your browser – most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you’ve got and delete them on an individual basis.
- Block third party cookies.
- Block cookies from particular sites.
- Block all cookies from being set.
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete cookies. Ironically, this includes where you have opted out from cookies, as this requires an opt-out cookie to be set. Also, if you block cookies completely many websites will not work properly and some functionality on these websites will not work at all. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our Website for these reasons.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
The UK GDPR and DPA 2018 give you specific rights around your personal data:
- right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- right of access to your personal data, and the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you and supplementary details about that information
- right to have inaccurate personal data that we process about you rectified
- right of erasure – in certain circumstances you have the right to have personal data that we process about you blocked, erased or destroyed
- the right to object to, or restrict:
- processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- continued processing of your personal data
- the right of portability of your data in certain circumstances.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights), however requests should be within reason and not unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
RAISING A COMPLAINT
If you are concerned with the use of your personal data, you have a right to raise a concern with or make a complaint to the information regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/. However, if you wish you may contact Global Health 50/50 at email@example.com in the first instance and we will endeavour to resolve any issue raised.
When we make significant changes, we will notify you of these directly if possible. We will also publish the updated Privacy Notice on our website.
Date of last revision: 13 July 2021