Openings: GH5050 paid summer internships
How to apply: Please send a CV and 1 page cover letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants from low- and middle-income countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28 June 2021
Global Health 50/50 is seeking 1-2 highly motivated interns to join our Collective in the coming weeks and support the development of a rapidly growing body of work.
Global Health 50/50 is an independent, evidence-driven initiative to advance action and accountability for gender equality in global health. The initiative was formed around a unique model which brings together the rigour of academic research, the knowledge of how policy change can occur and the momentum of advocates and communicators to catalyse progress. Coupled with a high-powered Advisory Council positioned to support this mission, our model is intended to act as a channel to bring evidence and policy together, thus fast-forwarding the pace of change for gender equality and health equity.
Through our unique model, we work to catalyse urgent progress through shifting institutions, ideas and interests:
- We drive institutional change through our signature Global Health 50/50 Report and accompanying Gender and Health Index
- We work to shape ideas and raise awareness of the role gender plays in determining health outcomes of all people, for instance through our world-leading COVID-19 sex-disaggregated data tracker, publications and our This is Gender photo contest and accompanying Representation Matters series.
- We engage with leaders and key stakeholders to shift interests and unlock progress – highlighting examples of best practice, fostering a community of change-makers and providing data and evidence that others can use to drive forward change.
We are seeking an intern(s) to contribute to our growing body of work, including preparation for the Global Health 50/50 2022 Report and fostering new research partnerships. This will involve a mixture of research, contributions to external communications and advocacy, and general organisational support.
Inputs and hours can be flexible, depending on your availability and timezone, with an expectation that individuals commit to contribute 15-30 hours a week for at least 10 weeks, starting as soon as possible. Work will be remote and applicants from low- and middle-income countries are particularly encouraged to apply.
The position includes the opportunity to participate in GH5050 skills development and networking workshops and the possibility of remaining an active member of the GH5050 collective into the future.
- Strong and proven interest in gender and global health
- Willingness to work on multiple tasks, ranging from data collection to literature review, external communications and organisational strengthening
- Research and writing experience
- Professional, organised, responsive, and detail-oriented
Minimum stipend offered, adjustable based on hours of availability: £1600
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!